Posted by Ani- RGCA on Sep 20th 2018
5 Signs That You Need Reading Glasses
The eye is one of the most fascinating organs of the body. It provides a world of wonder when it's healthy and a world of hurt when it's not. We depend so much on the health of our eyes. Check out below for 5 signs that you need reading glasses and help your eyes feel better by purchasing a pair of readers from americanreadingglasses.com
5 Signs That You Need Reading Glasses
- You're Squinting - this is the most common tell tale sign that you need reading glasses. All of a sudden you have to squint to clear the fuzziness around those tiny letters.
- You Need More Light - daylight illuminates your reading space, yet you find yourself turning on your desk lamp. Those little extra beams of light help your eye focus better on the letters.
- You're Moving Things Closer To Your Face - the paper could not be closer to your face or else you'd be eating it. 14 inches away from your face is like a mile away! You're watching yourself reel it in closer and closer.
- Your Eyes Hurt - you're thinking, maybe you need drops. But what you don't realize is that your eyes hurt because your eye muscles are working overtime to help you see things a bit more clearly. The drops may provide some relief, but not for long.
- You Have Headaches- All day you've been straining to see things and it's all too much. The print is way too small and there are other muscles on your face and head that need to tense up to compensate. Excedrin EXTRA STRENGTH please!
Do your eyes a favor and get them checked out. If seeing a doctor is not a possibility right now (SEE what I did there) then reach out to us and we'll send you a reading chart that will help you determine which magnification you'll need.
For fun... take our current Facebook Poll!
10 Common Misconceptions About The Eye There are so many misconceptions about the eye. Here are our top 10 misconceptions about the eye. If you can think of more just let us know. You don't need artificial tears- In today's world, the [...]
Fourth of July Safety TipsFire makes me nervous in general and as a new parent I find myself hyper aware of the dangers surrounding the upcoming holiday. I came up with a laundry list of do's and don't, however, I've spared you some of my neuroses by narrowing the safety tips to my top five. [...]
5 Quick Tips For Making Your Cheap Reading Glasses Last LongerWe can't all splurge on our reading glasses. Half of us borrow a pair and the other half purchase a cheap pair and hope it'll last us an eternity. We cherish our cheap reading glasses. They always end up being the cutest pair or fit [...]
We are honored to be able to provide affordable reading glasses to charities and organizations. These amazing people travel the globe donating reading glasses to the less fortunate. This year AmericanReadingGlasses.com would like to do more for these organizations. Help us by donating glasses. Each donation you make will allow us to give-out more glasses to the less fortunate. As it [...]
This is a personal story. I've worked for AmericanReadingGlasses.com for a little over 10 years. It's not surprising that all my friends and family come to me for all their eye needs. Recently, my mother made an appointment for the DMV to renew her drivers license. Before she went in she wanted to get her eyes checked, [...]
Coping With Vision Loss During Your Midlife Crisis Vision loss on it's own is a difficult thing to deal with. However, dealing with any type of vision loss or impairment during a stressful point of internal change in your life can be too much to deal with.Vision Loss There are many things that can cause impaired vision [...]
St Patrick's Day 2018 A Little History When I was young I could have sworn St Patrick's Day was just an excuse to pinch people if they didn't wear green. An excuse to be just a little mean to your "frienamies". Of course, the day has a historical significance. Turns out St Patrick is not a [...]
So you've got Cornea Damage, now what?Cornea damage can occur in a variety of ways. Most of the time, you'll damage your eye and you won't even remember how. Damage to your cornea can be caused by a simple dry eye, some dust or dirt in your eye, or rubbing your eye the wrong [...]
Rose Glasses and the Effects of Seeing Through ThemThe idiom of "seeing through rose colored glasses" is often used in a negative way. People who are described as such are often seen as too positive and seeing the glass half full at all times. These people are often seen as dreamers who can't see life [...]